Blu Dot | The New Standard 92″ Sofa
Sometimes it is not about starting from scratch, but rather revisiting past designs and making them better. The New Standard sofa is simplicity at its best – with a twist. Wide arms and inviting loose cushions all come together with tuned proportions and show stopping legs.
We didn’t design our first upholstered piece until Blu Dot was seven or eight years old. Designing sofas is different than designing most other things. It can often be less about new ideas and clever solutions and more about making beautiful forms with a welcoming sit – comfortable sculpture. New Standard is definitely that – nicely proportioned with carefully crafted cushions that have surprising comfort. And the sweet little leg on this sofa doesn’t just look cool. It was designed this way because it is always hard to attach a leg cleanly and directly at the outside corner of a sofa, as all the fabric comes together at that point. That’s why New Standard’s legs attach to the frame inboard and appear to “float” at the corners. It’s always a bonus when solving a practical problem leads us to an interesting aesthetic detail.
Out of stock
- Sturdy kiln-dried American hardwood frame, doweled and corner blocked for added strength
- Sinuous steel springs provide durable support beneath cushions
- High resiliency foam cushions with feather down wrap provide a mix of firm support and comfort, and with use will take on a more casual appearance. To promote even wear over time, we recommend fluffing and flipping cushions frequently after use.
- Powder-coated steel legs
- Fifth support leg at center
- Nixon Blue / Sand: 46% Acrylic / 43% Cotton / 11% Polyester | 30,000 Double Rubs
- Sanford Black / Coal: 63% Polyester / 37% Acrylic blend upholstery | 50,000 Double Rubs
- Spitzer Grey: 100% Polyester | 100,000 Double rubs
- Dark Brown Leather: A top grain pigmented semi-aniline leather finished with a protective top coat to create a consistent and durable finish
- Granite Leather / Toffee Leather: A full grain natural aniline leather made from the highest quality hides; expertly tanned and milled to create a soft buttery hand and luxurious finish that will patina over time; Granite is a rich charcoal color. Color variation is a signature to the authenticity of natural leather
- BIFMA rated
- Some assembly required